Replacement of Lost/ Stolen Passport
Required Documents for Replacement of Lost/Stolen Passport
- Original/Certified copy of U.S. birth certificate or Naturalization Certificate;
- Photocopy of the applicant’s lost/stolen passport (if available);
- Applicant’s original Iranian birth certificate (shenasnameh). If under 18, birth certificates of parents are also required;
- Official English translation of the applicant’s Iranian birth certificate (if under 18, translations of the parents’ Iranian birth certificates are also required);
- If passport has been stolen, a police report, together with its official English translation is required;
- Statement written by the applicant, explaining the circumstances which his/her passport was lost/stolen;
- Original valid Iranian passport of the applicant;
- Social Security card of the applicant, if available or its number;
- Two identical passport pictures, 5 x 5 cm, front view, full face, white background, printed on non-glassy paper, with no touch-ups.
- Passport fee (please refer to the link on applicable fees);
- Authentication fees of English translations (please refer to the link on applicable fees);
- Applicants can submit the mentioned documents, by having a prior appointment only;
*If the applicant is under 16 years of age, both parents should accompany him/her and bear all their identifying documents.
U.S. passports which have been lost or stolen are entered in an official Consular Lost or Stolen Passport System and cannot be used if they are recovered. They must be returned to the Foreign Interests Section or the nearest U.S. representation for cancellation.
PLEASE NOTE that a U.S. Consular Officer at any U.S. Embassy/Consulate can request whatever documents he/she finds necessary in matters in connection with U.S. citizenship documentation. Therefore, you might be asked to present additional documents for adjudication of your case.